OUR TERMS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is the property licensed?
Yes - the licence number is 54376/AL.
Covid related information
1. Due to the new cleaning requirements, you will not be able to access the villa until 4pm on the day that you arrive and you will have to leave by 10am on your departure day. There will be antibacterial spray left for your use in the villa.
2. The villa will be deep cleaned with disinfectant between each set of guests and there will be gaps between guests leaving, maids going in and new guests arriving. The bedlinen and towels will be washed at a high temperature.
3. The management company are no longer allowed to leave a welcome pack;
4. We cannot be held liable if any of your party contract COVID in the region.
5. If you suspect that you might have COVID, our management company are well appraised on what you need to do and can offer advice. There are fantastic testing facilities in Portugal and it will be your responsibility to get a test as soon as possible. In the event that you test positive for the virus and have to self isolate in our villa, you will be required to pay for each additional night for which you have to isolate in our villa.
6. Assuming that you are travelling from the U.K., the current guidance from the FCO is not to travel to Portugal as there is currently no air corridor between the U.K. and Portugal. This means than your travel insurance will not be valid and each visitor will be required to quarantine for 14 days upon return to the U.K.
7. By law, masks must be worn in all public enclosed spaces and you are expected to use hand sanitiser (which is widely available at entrances and exits from shops). The beaches use a traffic light system to indicate how many people are on the beach.
What is included in the property rental?
Included in the property rental is the exclusive use of the villa, the linen for the relevant occupants, pool and garden maintenance and a weekly maid service. Basic utility bills such as electricity, gas and water are included for short term holiday rentals.
Is a maid service included?
A light clean, towel and bedlinen change is included for bookings of 14 nights or more. Maid service can be provided for shorter bookings at an estimated cost of €100 per maid visit.
Are the pool and garden maintained?
Our gardeners come round before each guests to clean the pool and tidy the garden on varying days. They endeavour to do their work early in the morning or whilst guests are away from the property to minimise disturbance. If there are certain days that you do not wish them to attend, please let us know.
Can I book a property for less than 7 nights?
Yes. At off peak times the property can be booked for 5 nights. Longer term winter lets are available - please call or email to request information.
Is there flexibility with set arrival days?
There is flexibility with changeover days which we will try to accommodate.
How much deposit is required and how do I pay?
For private bookings, a deposit of 20% of the total cost of the booking is required within 5 days of confirming the booking. It can be paid via Paypal or by bank transfer. The deposit is non refundable. If your booking is within 8 weeks the full amount is to be paid.
For bookings via HomeAway, an upfront deposit of 50% is payable to HomeAway with the balance due 8 weeks prior to arrival at the villa. HomeAway keep guest funds until around 5 working days after guests have checked in.
When is my balance due and how can I pay?
The balance is due 8 weeks before date of arrival. This can be paid via Paypal or by bank transfer.
If I have to cancel my holiday what is the procedure?
There is a scale of cancellation charges thereafter, which are applicable from the date we receive your instruction to cancel:
Up to 8 weeks before arrival – loss of deposit only
4 – 8 weeks before arrival – 50% of full cost
2 – 4 weeks before arrival – 75% of full cost
2 weeks or less before arrival – 100% of full cost
Is a breakage deposit payable and when is it refunded?
Yes, a breakage deposit of €400 is requested along with the balance. This will be held and refunded within 14 days of your return if no damage or breakages have occurred.
What happens if something is broken during my stay?
If any small breakages (glasses/cups) have happened we ask that you report to us and replace with a similar item if possible.
Is holiday insurance included in the price?
No, we do not provide holiday insurance and highly recommend that you ensure that you have adequate insurance cover for you and your party.
If we hire a car, can you send us directions to the property?
Yes, we will provide you with a full set of directions to your property.
Where do we collect the key to our property
Key collection details will be sent to you on payment of the final balance.
What time can we occupy the property on our arrival day?
Entry into the property is at 4pm.
What time do we have to vacate the villa on our last day?
You must vacate the property by 10am on your day of departure.
Do we have to clean the property before we leave?
We expect the villa to be left tidy. All rubbish should be removed from the house and garden and taken to the public bins in the village. Dirty dishes should be washed either by hand or in the dishwasher. Bedding should be left on the beds and towels should be left in the shower cubicles (or bath in bathroom 2). All air-conditioning units and heaters should be switched off. The iron should be disconnected from power and put away in the utility room.
Will there be a Welcome Pack?
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are not allowed to leave welcome packs at this time.
Can more people join us during our stay?
If the booking is for less than 8 people, additional people can join but must be cleared with the management company. The property has a maximum occupancy level of 8 adults and up to 2 children and must be adhered to. You will be required to send the passport and flight details of all occupants as this is a condition of the licence agreement.
Is smoking allowed in the villa?
Villa Isabella is a strictly non-smoking property.
Are pets allowed in the villa?
No pets are allowed in the property.
Are cots provided in the property?
Two travel cots are available at the property along with baby bedding. There are also 2 Koo-di Seat Me Safe Travel Seat instead of high chairs.
Are extra beds available?
Two extra foldaway beds are available for children on request.
Are linen and towels provided in the property?
On arrival linen and towels will be provided for the relevant occupants. These are all washed at a minimum temperature of 60C.
Are beach towels provided in the property?
Yes - beach towels will be provided. These are all washed at a minimum temperature of 60C.
Is there a hairdryer at the property?
Hairdryers are available in each of the 4 bedrooms.
Is there an iron and ironing board at the property?
Yes - there is an iron and ironing board in the utility room along with a washing machine and tumble dryer.
Will the property have a TV and DVD or English Channels?
There are TVs in the lounge, games room and in each of the bedrooms. There is a DVD player in the lounge along with some DVDs. English speaking channels are available on the main TV in the lounge. Netflix is also available.
What is the time difference between the UK and Portugal?
The time in Portugal is the same as the time in the UK and Ireland.